Friday, January 4

Care Plan for Life

The New Year is upon us.  Welcome 2013!

This year I am taking a different approach to setting goals.  Since moving to the Northwest, I have been learning and reading a lot about my new job and what it entails. I want to learn as much as I can.  While reading last weekend (yes I occasionally read!) I had this brilliant idea that just clicked in my mind.  Now, with my new job I work with the staff to create 'care plans' for our residents that we will be caring for.  There are different sections that we cover and we point out the residents strengths and then name the assistance that they will need because they can no longer do it for themselves.  It's pretty cool. 

Now, I have decided to create my own care plan and use it as a way to set goals and work towards something better in my life. For the work care plans it breaks up the plan into 20 different sections.  It covers anything and everything that is involved with their daily living in our facility, which is their home. I think the easiest way for me to create a care plan for my life is to come up with a different section for each month and set a goal for that section on a monthly basis. 

So here are the 12 sections that will create my overall care plan for 2013.  They are in no particular order. 

  • Physical/Fitness
  • Spiritual
  • Career/Work Related
  • Financial
  • Family
  • Self Development
  • Pleasure/Vacation Family Time
  • Personal
  • Educational
  • Friends
  • Social
  • Kids/Children

Some of these goals will be set up on a 12 month basis and others will be done on a monthly or yearly basis.  Hopefully, I will stick with it throughout the entire year, because I slacked off a little with my monthly goals last year. But we did have to pack up our house and move to another state, while living out of suitcases for 6+ weeks, give me a break, ha! 

Wish me luck this year and please try this for yourself as it seems like a great way to get started for 2013.  For the month of January the goal is to save a certain amount of money each month.  Since we sold our house is Utah, we are renting now and want to own again within the next couple of years.  Houses cost more here in the Northwest and we will have to save up some money to have a good sized down payment.  We are setting goals of how much we will save each month so we can get on the house hunt again within the next couple of years.  Here's to financial goals and saving money for 2013!  And here's a picture of the kiddos, just because.  This was in the car while driving to Portland last week! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...