It's kind of a good idea, right?! Does anyone else do this? If not, maybe you should start now. It's never too late.
On another note, let's talk about the number 14. 14 is my favorite number. I don't exactly know why, but I like it. It just seems like the perfect number in my head. So, I have been adding to this list over the past week or so and here is my list of 14 things that I want my kids to know about life:
1. Find people who make you laugh and stay close to them. Laughter is contagious and you can never have enough of it.
2. When you are cleaning the house, crank up the music. Music can make anything more enjoyable!
3. Go running. It gives you time to think and clear your head. Plus you get a workout from it.
4. Don't lie. Small lies turn into big lies which means you may be in trouble and will have to suffer the consequences.
5. Be nice to Everyone! You never know what someone else is going through that day.
6. Serve an LDS mission. It will make you appreciate so many things in life and will give you some great life changing experiences. And now they can go even earlier, which is way cool!
7. Always have your passport up to date and travel as much as possible. Traveling and experiencing the world will show you amazing things.
8. Take care of your body. Your body is a temple and you need it to last!
9. Give presents to people when they least expect it. Everyone likes getting presents.
10. The busier the better. When you are busy with good things, you won't have time to get into trouble.
11. Find work that will make you happy and help to support a family.
12. Work hard and play hard.
13. Live your life with passion.
14. Always remember that I love you and will always be there for you.