Thursday, March 29

One of those days

I woke up last Monday feeling like crap.  It was one of those nights where I tossed and turned as I  and knew that I was getting sick.  I did not sleep well at all, and it was a Monday!  I had a sore throat, runny nose, cough, head cold, etc....  I struggled to get out of bed, take a shower and get to work.  Because I was not feeling well I was not all there as I rushed to get out the door that Monday morning.

I eventually got on the freeway, driving to work, not looking forward to my 25 minute commute.  The traffic flowed nicely, which was unusual for a Monday morning.  I stopped by Wal-mart before going in to work to pick up some snacks for work and cold medicine.  I knew it was already going to be a long day.  I picked up a few random items and went to check out, as I reached for my wallet in my back pocket, it was gone.  I forgot it!  Suck, I thought.  I explained it to the cashier, left all my items there and went to work.  Bummer. 

I slowly got through the day and after work I had to switch cars with me little sister.  I went to pick up her truck and left her my car for her at the EHS track.  I then went and picked up some tools, a wheelbarrow and some other items so I can do some work in our backyard.  As I was cruising down 21st south, the gas light went on.  I pulled into the Chevron gas station, pulled out my wallet to get some gas so I could get home and realized again that I had forgotten it at home.  Suck! I thought again.  I had about $1.96 in my backpack and in the car.  That's not even half a gallon of gas and they probably wouldn't even sell it to me.  I called my sister who lives close by and she spotted me $5 to get me home, ha.  I gave the gas attendant $6.96 which is barely 2 gallons of gas.  I wonder what he thought?!  Ha.  What a day, it was just one of those days and I finally did make it home. 

After getting home, having a nice bowl of warm soup (made by the wifey) for dinner I went to the grocery store (with my wallet this time!) with T for some cold medicine.  I slept a lot better the next night and I am on the recovery to feeling better.  On the way home we stopped by the park and played until the sun went down.  It was one of those days, that ended just fine. 

If you want a little inspiration then go HERE and watch this video.  Pretty cool stuff!  I want to read her book when it comes out next week, don't you?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...