Thursday, August 28

What a Trip

So.....Friday night, Natalie, David (Nat's brother) and I decided to drive to Southern California because I had 3 days off of work. (We had to take advantage). We drove to my aunt's that night in Murrieta and then left to Heidi Ho's beach house by San Clemente for the next day. We had a fun day in the sun on the beach. On Sunday we went to church, then took off to San Diego for the day. That night we ended up at my uncle's in Poway and relaxed there before we had to go home on Monday. Up until Monday, we were having a great time, can't you just tell from the picture below------>
After having lunch with cousin Troy in Temecula, we left to come back to Utah cause I had to work early the next morning. Little did we know what was ahead of us. After passing San Bernardino, there was a lot of traffic because there was a fire on the side of the freeway. As I slowed down, I shifted down and the clutch went completely out! It was gone, I had to switch over 4 lanes of traffic and pull over. We got out of the car, where is was 101 degrees, called a tow truck, and looked up a German Auto Shop that could look at my car. On a side note, I just got a Blackberry, and I love it. I get made fun of for having it, but it saved us here at this point. I can look anything up on line, it's great! After waiting for an hour or so, we finally got towed to what was apparently the "ghettos" of San Bernardino. Geoff from the German Auto Huas would be doing the work and said it would be done the next day. I called into work and told them what was going on etc.... Then, while we were waiting for my cousin to come pick us up, Nat and Geoff have this conversation: (Also, keep in mind, that we are both in cut off jean shorts, T-shirt, blonde hair, and big sunglasses)

Nat: Do you know where a gas station is where we can go and get a drink while we wait?

Geoff: Well.....let me think where the safest place for you people would be....

Nat: What?

Geoff: I would cross the street right here and go up the street 1 block, there is a grocery store there.

Nat: Ok.

Ha ha! Who does he think we are! Apparently it isn't a safe area though. After getting drinks, the shop was closing and we had to get our bags out of the car and wait on the corner for cousin Troy to get us. See pic below.
And here is the car at the shop being worked on. Little did we know that some of the parts would break and we would have to wait 1 more day for it to be fixed and I would have to call into work....again.
Luckily, we just stayed at my aunt's house again, and had a couple extra days of this........

Overall it was a fun, memorable and expensive trip. We can't wait for the next one!!




4 comments:

Nicole Fryer said...

Wow that sounds like a wild trip you were on. It was fun to see your blog.

Krissy said...

That is crazy!!! I am very glad that good old Geoff was there to protect you two from the San Bernardino riff-raff!

dannyhaley said...

What a bummer about your car!

JanaB said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. . .I was cracking up at your car- sorry but the picture said it all. I could really use a vacation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...